Friday, June 12, 2009

LIFE IS A MYSTERY

Our friends mother just died. She was 98 years old so it wasn't a shocking loss but sad all the same. She was living on her own just 2 years ago and had a few falls so they had to put her in assisted living and then just a couple of months ago they had to put her in a nursing home because she needed more assistance and it has been down hill since then.

It's strange when you look at the different lives around you how everyone is at different phases. I mean, my friends just lost their mother, one of my co-workers has a brain tumor, my other friend is getting married, my brother and his girlfriend are buying a house, my husbands friend from high school is battling ITP, someone else is having a baby.

I also find it amazing how some people in their lives have never really experienced any misfortune while others have had a lot of misfortune in their lives. Why is this? I believe that god doesn't give you more than you can handle. Is this why?

I would love to believe that it is dependent on how good a person you are but I know too many great people that have suffered horrible losses/tragedies in their lives. I also know some not as wonderful people that have never really suffered any great losses/tragedies in their lives. So who knows.

It is also amazing how certain people deal with certain things. I mean something that is a mind blowing a tragedy to one person can just be a bump in the road for another. I know people that cannot deal with the smallest set back while others cope with life changing events as if they handle it every day.

I guess it is the differences in people and personalities that make the world go round.

No comments:

Post a Comment