Monday, June 8, 2009

I AM SO LUCKY!!

I just found out that someone I know has a golf ball sized brain tumor. OMG. I feel horrible. I can't stop thinking about her. She has a husband and three adolescent age children. What is going to happen to her?

I feel lucky that all I have is MS. Not that having MS is a good thing but at least it isn't life threatening. Granted, it does change your life and make everything more difficult and it can be uncomfortable and painful, but it doesn't end your life. I mean, don't get me wrong, MS sucks especially if you are younger and haven't experienced any of your life without MS.

I was so lucky when I was diagnosed with MS. I didn't have to go through years of tests and doctors telling me that nothing was wrong with me. I was told immediately that I had MS and I never suspected it or anything like it. I thank the trigeminal neuralgia for the quick diagnosis. I thank god not have gone through what most people go through on the way to a diagnosis.

My mom is always worrying about me now and saying it is just not fair that I have MS. She says that I already had mine with cancer as an infant. It is so not like her to be like that. When I had cancer she was so strong. She was one of the people who started the Ronald McDonald House in this area and later became the President of the house.

Not to downplay MS because it is seriously crappy at times but when times get rough just remember that somebody is always worse off than you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment