Monday, February 1, 2010

Hello Again!




Well, I'm back! I haven't written in some time and I'm not sure why. I guess I'm just tired maybe. Lots has happened since I last wrote.



My rescued dog Lola had her surgery. It was much more extensive than we originally thought so we ended up taking her to Cornell to the animal hospital. My vet had her knocked out on the table and realized he couldn't give her the care she needed so he called me and said he was calling Cornell and getting us an appt. with them. Cornell did a soft palate resection , removed some laryngeal sacks that were swollen and covering her trachea and then cut a little wedge in her nasal passage to open up the flow of air. She is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! She also saw a dietitian and opthomologist while she was there.


We also had our annual Halloween party. We're getting famous for these parties. They rock. Iturn my whole house into a halloween haven and all the food has a gross name or shape or something. It is so fun. We were the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle along with two of our close friends. It was a blast.
Christmas was not the greatest this year. My husbands father passed away the week before x-mas very unexpectedly so it was a rough one. New Years was subdued so here we are.
My husband and my anniversary was the other day. We got married 02/02/02 at 2:02 in the afternoon. 8 years!!! Time goes so quickly. We have certainly been tested in these eight years.
I feel like we could weather any storm and be just fine. We lost my 2 grandfathers, my grandmother and my father all within 3 years of each other, I got MS, and now we have lost his father. This relationship will last forever.
Other than this all seems to be well. I had an MRI of my head a few months ago, met with my neurologist and she said no new lesions but then she did her examination and I had no reflexes on my left side so she sent me for another MRI of my spine. There is a new lesion on my spine but it wasn't inflammed anymore so we'll see how things are in a few more months.
Other than all this things are swell. i feel OK. Just tired (what's new) I'll write again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment